Values & Objectives
A society in which women and men have equal opportunities to freely participate in and benefit from decision-making processes for the country’s social economic and political development.
To inspire courage, solidarity and confidence in women and girls by advocating for the enacting of gender-responsive laws, networking and role modelling.
Our Core Values and Guiding Principles
- Hard work
- To provide a forum for discussion on matters affecting women;
- To promote and help sensitizes all Parliamentarians on the principles of gender equality in the country, within the SADC region, the Common wealth as well as other regions worldwide;
- To facilitate the effective implementation of projects on gender issues;
- To encourage and mobilize women’s participation in all issues pertaining to national development, and to promote self-reliance and economic independence among women;
- To facilitate networking with other organizations and institutions within and outside the country, such as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) , business and intellectual communities in activities aimed at promoting gender equality and participation;
- To research on issues affecting women and to make recommendations thereon;
- To promote peace and stability in the country as well as to contribute to the democratic process.